[gst-devel] introduction

Stefan Kost kost at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed Feb 11 11:12:24 CET 2004

hi hi,

now I've read the list for a while, have gstreamer-head-cvs running on two
systemes and does a few first tests.

A few friends and I would like to write an application simmiliar to buzz on
windows (see http://www.buzzmachines.com). Although this application is free, it
is dead as it is not opensource and the main developer has a harddisk crash a
few years ago.

In contrast to all other gststreamer sources I have observed so far, this
application needs to update parameters of elements at exact times. As far as I
have understand that is what DParams are for. Unfortunately I found no working
example for it.
All we need for a start is e.g. something that runs a loop for one 5 seconds and
produces a volume fade during that time. This of course need more that just
setting the volume between two gst_bin-iterate calls.

Any pointer (=example sources) are greatly appreciated.

ciao
  Stefan
--
      \|/            Stefan Kost