[gst-devel] colorspace conversion

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Tue Feb 17 17:13:21 CET 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 01:11:49AM +0100, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Mathrick wrote:
> > W li�cie z wto, 17-02-2004, godz. 21:05, Ronald Bultje pisze:
> > > And again Thomas: given that source-distribution is fine: what's in it for
> > > us? This question is important for me. ;).
> >
> > *Much* less people whining about how much GStreamer sucks (or worse,
> > keeping that opinion to themselves  without even trying to do anything)?
>
> I really don't see how it's up to us to fix issues that we didn't create.

We (used to) allow a poorly maintained package affect our ability to
maintain our own package effectively.

Including ffmpeg in gst-plugins _does_ cause problems.  There are
two solutions:

  - fix ffmpeg
  - kick ffmpeg out of gst-plugins

The former required work which nobody cares to do.  The latter (putting
ffmpeg into it's own package) makes it very clear that any problems
are solely due to ffmpeg.

dave...