[gst-devel] clocking

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu Feb 19 12:26:04 CET 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 03:15:20PM +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> - a change between PLAYING -> PAUSED -> PLAYING should be inexpensive

For a number of ideas that I've been thinking about recently, I've
felt it would be useful to essentially merge PLAYING and PAUSED, and
define that an element is "PLAYING" when data is moving though any
of a group of associated peers (in a scheduling sense), and "PAUSED"
when data is not actually flowing.  In addition to other things, it
defines clear times at which a group of elements can be renegotiated.
Right now, renegotiation can happen in PAUSED, and in PLAYING when
"it happens to work".

dave...