[gst-devel] linking two sinesrc to an adder, bug in adder/gst-lauch or anywhere else?

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Sat Feb 21 03:43:06 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 16:56 +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:

> hi,
>
> something to cack over the weekend. What I am trying to do is to link two
> sinesrce into one adder and route this to an audio sink.
>
> I'vetried these ones with gtk-debug="*:3"
>
> gst-launch-0.7 sinesrc freq=1000 ! adder0.sink%d ! audioconvert ! esdsink
> sinesrc freq=500 ! adder0.sink1
> =>GST_ELEMENT_PADS(19082) gstelement.c(1254):gst_element_get_static_pad: NULL no
> such pad 'sink1' in element "adder0"

This is the syntax, which runs but produces no sound. Adder seems
broken:

gst-launch-0.7 sinesrc freq=1000 ! .sink00 adder name=adder0 ! alsasink
sinesrc freq=500 ! adder0.sink01

In 0.7 launch syntax, you give the name of the pad, rather than the
request pad format string. Also, you need to create the adder and name
it to use it for the second sinesrc.

> and so on.
> The manpage fro gst-lauch is not very helpful about dynamic pad names.
> Hope anyone can help me with this.

Yeah, I think it that documentation needs expanding.

> Btw.: doing the above in gst-editor works kind of. I can link the elements, but
> when set the pipeline to playin, its just quiet.

Yes, adder seems to be broken for me too.

J.