[gst-devel] Error messages printed on console

Johan Dahlin johan at gnome.org
Tue Feb 24 09:44:11 CET 2004

While fixing gnome-sound-record I noticed that some error messages are
printed to stdout/stderr even if they are handled by callbacks. Which is
pretty bad, users and logs should not be bothered with error messages
that are already displayed and handled by graphical programs.

The error message I saw, looked something like this:
ERROR: Device /dev/dsp does not exist

Do we really want to end up in the situation where we were in 0.6, with
lots of crap written on the console?

Just my 2 cents...

Johan

--
|#| Johan Dahlin < johan (at) gnome (dot) org> | Gombau 10       |#|
|#| Web:   http://www.async.com.br/~jdahlin/   | 08003 Barcelona |#|