[gst-devel] gstreamer in custom applications

Vlad Berditchevskiy vlad at tzi.de
Fri Jan 2 13:06:07 CET 2004

Hi there,

I'm considering to use gstreamer in my own application (interactive
multimedia presentation). I read the application development manual, but
unfortunately it isn't very comprehensive, so I still have some
questions:

1. Is it possible to do full screen playback? If I use xvideosink as
   shown in the example, the picture is displayed in a small window in
   the middle of the screen.

2. How do I draw my own stuff over the video? As far as I understand, I
   have to write my own plugin. Are there examples which show how to do
   such things? I need to implement something like an on-screen display
   where a user can choose something from a menu. Maybe someone already
   did something similar?

Thanks in advance!

\  /                                       vlad at hashbang.de
 \/lad                                     http://www.hashbang.de