[gst-devel] Needed: xml, xslt, html, design and build system guru

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Wed Jan 7 04:59:02 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 18:20 +0100, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> What I want to have is an XML file that describes structures like this
> (purely example):
> <structure-list>
>   <title>GStreamer caps</title>
>   <description>This document describes all formats used in GstCaps
> structures inside the gst-plugins package. ...</description>
>   <structure>
>     <name>audio/x-raw-int</name>
>     <short>raw audio (integer format)</short>
>     <description>Defines raw audio in integer format. This format is
> commonly used in soundcards ...</description>
>     <see-also>audio/x-raw-float</see-also>
>     <see-also>audio/x-adpcm</see-also>
>     <entry>
>       <name>width</name>
>       <type>int</type>
>       <description>number of bits in memory are taken up by one
> sample in one channel.</description>

Just a minor point (not saying I'm going to do this, I'd love to, but
I've got no time :/ ), but we're going to need the same sort of i18n
stuff that gconf schemas has.

<locale name="C">
  <short>width</short>
  <long>number of bits in memory...</long>
</locale>
<locale name="no">
  <short>takk</short>
  <long>jeg er ikke her</long>
</locale>

and we may then need to patch i18ntools to make our structures.xml file
out of structures.xml.in

iain