[gst-devel] udpsrc (newbie question #2)

Zeeshan Ali zeelists at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 11:32:03 CET 2004

Hello,

--- Thomas Comiotto <comiotto at rcfmedia.ch> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am experiencing some difficulties with the
> videowall how-to listed on the
> gstreamer site; I get some ...

    When i wrote that howto i had a working video-wall
to test things on with me but now unfortunatelly i
dont . Your tests & feedback is highly encouraged &
the Gstreamer team shall try its best to co-operate
with you.

> However, I _am_ able to run the video-only version
> successfully as in
> gst-launch v4lsrc ! ffenc_mpeg1video ! udpsink
> gst-launch udpsrc ! ffdec_mpeg1video ! xvideosink

   Good.

> I am working on a networked video-performance arts
> project and therefore I
> would need the networking a/v part of gstreamer...

    I think you would'nt be needing audio to be sent
to each workstation, right? So why not try playing
audio locally at the server & send ONLY the video to
the workstations?

> I am running Debian linux testing on a I386 box.

   Cool.. Never knew an I386 can do the job. Are you
using one computer per screen?

> Any help would be really appreciated!

    You are always welcome.