[gst-devel] gst-launch, videoscale/videotestsrc

Thomas Comiotto comiotto at rcfmedia.ch
Wed Jan 14 09:24:00 CET 2004

Hello,

The gst-launch man page lists some example pipes I would like to run --
without success, what do I miss here?

 - gst-launch-0.7 videotestsrc ! xvideosink

Get a color format undefined msg, tried to specify some fourcc values
fourcc=YUY2 or fourcc=hexvalue since I can't find some format related
properties for videotestsrc, both notions didn't work. What is the correct
syntax here?

 - gst-launch-0.7 filesrc location=pathtosomefile ! videoscale
height=somevalue width=somevalue ! xvideosink

Get a no properties height / width msg, how can I specify the target-size
then?

Further on, some rtp/rtsp networking functions are mentioned in the gst-launch
man pages for which I can't find the appropriate plugins neither in the 0.7
release nor in cvs. What is the current status of networking and gstreamer
then?

Ok, stupid newbie-questions but I am stuck here and would be glad if someone
could help me out..

Best regards,
Thomas Comiotto