[gst-devel] symbol clashes

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jan 19 07:37:03 CET 2004

Hi guys,

I spent some time yesterday to figure out that we had a symbol clash
again. This time the offending parties were ffmpeg and musicbrainz that
both exported a function named "mp3_init".
I have been told by a musicbrainz dev that this will be fixed in 2.0.3, so
I've set configure to check for musicbrainz > 2.0.2. Not that this won't
build the plugins for any musicbrainz but cvs.

It would be nice if ffmpeg could solve this issue somehow, too and prefix
their functions with a proper namespace.
That would get around me staring at ffmpeg crashes for far too long :)
Thanks.

Benjamin