[gst-devel] gst-launch questions

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Tue Jan 20 13:54:00 CET 2004

I am in the process of trying to port several audio- and video-related
scripts to use gstreamer.  I have a few questions about gst-launch:

1.  I am pretty comfortable using gstreamer's demultiplexing plugins
with gst-launch.  However, multiplexing is a different matter.  I can
not figure out how to multiplex the audio and video portions of an
MPEG-2 stream.  Could someone provide me an example pipeline that uses
the mplex plugin to do this?

2.  I am also interested in taking an arbitarary sized, interlaced,
etc. video and scaling it to use on a Video CD.  Does anyone have any
experience doing this?  Currently, I use yuvscaler to do this but I am
interested in doing it with gstreamer/gst-launch.  I found the videoscaler
plugin but wanted to see if anyone else had any experience doing this
before I tried (Video CD players can be quite picky).

--
Mike

:wq