[gst-devel] DVD Navigation progress

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Jan 22 09:05:03 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 17:35, in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de wrote:
> If anyone has an idea on how to achieve that in an autopluggable way, please
> speak up. When it's done, users should be able to select from a list of
> supported formats for every element that supports this somehow. (Maybe an
> interface?)

I've proposed this before: each track has its own pad, the pad has a
name associated with it (possibly two- or three-letter country-codes,
which can then be i18n'ed by APPS, there's a RFC or ISO spec somewhere
that describes all of them), and the app then gives a list of all
available pads with human-readable name and plugs in the right one
(probably using the switch element).

I'm not sure how perfect this is for autoplugging, but it's definately
GStreamer'ish. If I want, I need to be able to select multiple of them,
and that's now possible (think multilingual DVD transcoding).

Linux Video/Multimedia developer