[gst-devel] tags and metadata

Mathrick mnews2 at wp.pl
Thu Jan 22 10:09:00 CET 2004

W liście z czw, 22-01-2004, godz. 16:30, in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
pisze:
> Quoting David Schleef <ds at schleef.org>:
>
> > Add a flags to gst_tag_register() and GstTagInfo, and a retrieval
> > function.  Seems pretty low-risk.
> >
> > I suggest GST_TAG_FLAGS_DERIVED for information that was formerly
> > streaminfo -- indicating that the information is derived from
> > the stream or other data, instead of being "independent".
> >
> So if I didn't derive the info but got it indepentently I use a different tag?
>
> The only risk in here is that it's confusing as hell and gains nothing.

GST_TAG_FLAGS_INFO ? That indicates the tag is info about stream, not
settable (where settable == "imaginable to set in certain
circumstances") property.
I suppose this mechanism would provide a way to manipulate both "length"
metadata and "length" streaminfo, without having one shadowing other
one?

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"
   Maciej Katafiasz <mnews2 at wp.pl>