[gst-devel] error explanation

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Jan 22 14:39:04 CET 2004

El jue, 22-01-2004 a las 20:46, David Schleef escribió:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:22:29PM +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> >
> > We are talking about the same thing, right ? The enum still is full
> > form, ie GST_RESOURCE_ERROR_READ.  Only the macro uses shorthand and
> > expands it to this.  So I'm not really sure this really brings namespace
> > conflicts.
>
> Currently, "gst_element_error()" looks like a function call, not a
> macro.  For this reason, I expect it to look and act like a function
> when I call it.  Composing arguments (i.e., GST_ ## arg) is a macro
> feature which is completely dissimilar to how functions work -- I
> strongly suggest that any macro that composes arguments to be
> capitalized, so that there's a visual reminder that it's macro and
> not a function.

I agree about capitalizing it, but Benjamin preferred it being
lowercase.  I don't care either way, but just tell me all of the things
you want fixed/changed in one batch so I don't have to change everything
all the time :)

I'm fine either way, just tell me what to do.

> If you decide that it officially should act like a macro, (and
> preferably capitalize it), then I have no objections to using any
> kind of screwy (non-function-like) syntax.

Ok - so you're saying, capitalize it and leave as is ? If nobody
objects, then that's what I'll do.

Thanks

Thomas

It's not love it