[gst-devel] DVD Navigation progress

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Fri Jan 23 05:26:02 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 23:33, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Ronald Bultje wrote:
>
> > Button highlight state is data, not format. Colourtables are really
> > format. Then again, if colourtables-in-caps don't suit you for a good
> > reason, surely you're free to put them in as data, too.
> >
> semi off-topic question:
> all this is done in a pipeline dvdnavsrc ! mpegdemux ! mpeg2subt, right?
> So it must be correctly encoded inside an mpeg stream during the
> dvdnavsrc ! mpegdemux passing?

The run-length-encoded pixels for each subtitle are, but the colourtable
information, stream change and button highlight information is not. That
information is given to dvdnav from libdvdnav, and must be passed down
the chain for handling in order. At the moment, I'm doing this using the
Navigation event structure, looking for a better way. Adding an
identifying integer and placing it in a buffer would be good, if we come
up with a good way of specifying what those integers mean for each
format they're used in.

> I mean if you run dvdnavsrc ! rtpsink (assuming rtp does mpeg) and rtpsrc
> ! mpegdemux ! mpeg2subt on another machine, it should work, right?

I would expect this to start playing the DVD, get to the main menu, and
loop that repeatedly, not displaying any menu overlay because there's no
event passing across an rtp link to tell mpeg2subt which highlights to
draw. A network link which passed event data would work.

J.

Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan at mad.scientist.com

Have you been half-asleep? Have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name...
 -Kermit the Frog (Rainbow Connection)