[gst-devel] GNOME mixer control from Gstreamer

Quan Nguyen friday_morning at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 12:36:00 CET 2004

I did try using the 0.7 version of Gstreamer, and it works fine.  My problem is that Gnome 2.4 comes with Gstreamer 0.6.3, and my app needs to run on a standard install Gnome 2.4.

I wrote some analysis code and attached it to an identity.  I then attached the identity to the end of a spider so that I can do autoplugging.  All I'm trying to do is have the spider choose the right decoder for the data that is coming from a filesrc, and it will feed that data through an identity which is connected to osssink.  The handoff function that is connected to the identity performs some analysis on the data.

I understand that it is preferred that I write a plugin instead of using a listener, but I needed to do some fast prototyping, and there was not enough documentation on how to write a plugin.  If you could give me some workarounds, it would be much appreciated!Thanks!

Ronald Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net> wrote:
On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 23:15, Quan Nguyen wrote:
> Thanks! I had another question. Is there a way to connect a spider
> to a tee or identity in Gstreamer 0.6.3 or 0.6.4? I keep getting this
> error:
>
> ** (vsa3:11526): CRITICAL **: file gstsearchfuncs.c: line 332
> (gst_autoplug_sp): assertion `sinkcaps != NULL' failed

Well, this was one of the severe bugs in the system in 0.6.x that made
us rewrite the capsnego subsystem in 0.7.x (Dave did that). Basically,
no, you can't. There's plenty of workarounds, though, so if you can
specify what you want, I can probably provide a workaround for 0.6.x.

Or you could try using 0.7.x. ;).

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje