[gst-devel] CPU load while in GST_PAUSED_STATE

Julien MOUTTE jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Sat Jan 24 08:40:01 CET 2004

> Will take a look at that, but I think I have a more fundamental problem here
> anyway since I try to create a 4 way split-screen (4 videosinks embeded in
> one GTK window) and GTK doesn't seem to support multiple stolen sockets
> packed into a non-toplevel container (packing would be required for
> placement, wouldn't it). Is there a way to create a video split-screen with
> the plugins available for GST 6.4 ? .....

- Create a gtk table of 4 cells
- Use gstvideowidget from gst-player in each one of those cells
- Get the video window of each one of those gstvideowidget
- Pass them to the appropriate video sinks (ximagesink would be the best
in your case) using the XOverlay interface.

and you are done..

Forget GtkSocket and window reparenting. XOverlay allows you to give a
window id directly so that the video sink outputs video there.

cheers,

Julien MOUTTE - jmoutte at electronic-group.com
C.T.O.

ELECTRONIC GROUP INTERACTIVE - www.electronic-group.com
World Trade Center, Moll de BARCELONA
Edificio Norte 4 Planta
08039 BARCELONA SPAIN
Tel : +34 93600 23 23 Fax : +34 93600 23 10