[gst-devel] gtk-doc in plugins

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Jan 26 05:02:01 CET 2004

El lun, 26-01-2004 a las 13:32, Benjamin Otte escribió:
> Is there any project to integrate gtk-doc into automake btw?

What needs integrating ?

> That'd be the only way to get docs to reliably build IMO.

It's not about building reliably - they build reliably now in the core.
It's just about making sure the person integrating it doesn't make
trivial mistakes, and the turnover time between changing something and
seeing if it works for build changes is too high.

The end result of that turnover time is :
- people don't test their changes at all (-> see the fixes that need to
go in each time someone adds/changes build stuff)
- when people do test changes, the changes are sloppy/not done right
because people can't be bothered to spend time on it (which is why I
have moved to testing out stuff first in something like autostars)
- the people that do know how to change/fix stuff are demotivated

Anyways, I see no good solution to either three points/problems with the
current gst-plugins setup.

Thomas

I'm sick of spending these lonely nights
training myself not to care