Status reports towards 0.8: was Re: [gst-devel] Totem, Gst-Player, libgstplay showstoppers

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Jan 28 04:51:02 CET 2004

Hi,

El lun, 26-01-2004 a las 22:49, Christian Schaller escribió:
> I guess what would be good is if everyone wrote a short mail to the list
> with what their hacking priorities are before 0.8. ie what do they plan
> to look at and in what order.

Agreed.

Here are my things:

- finish up the website conversion/move, which is largely done
  Right now I'm weeding out old content; uploading docs from gstreamer/
cvs is now very easy too
- making packages for rh9 and fedora so people can start betatesting
- getting 0.7.4 released sometime this week
- taking a good look at clocking and time issues in GStreamer; seeking
has been broken due to the clock changes for all applications, and we
don't have a good design/explanation of what we want.
  My goal is to either make this for the new system figuring out as I
go, or revert to the old system of clocking that might have lots of
issues but at least allowed us to seek, which is a very basic feature we
need to get right and never break again for whatever reason
- work on media-info so it works with 0.7, and implement the necessary
tagging changes for it
- fix up our gnome apps - gnome-sound-recorder wrt profiles,
sound-juicer wrt profiles, nautilus-media
- poll all of the gstreamer applications we know of to ask them for
things we need to work on for them

Thomas

You are going to get every square inch of your ass kicked.