[gst-devel] OGM support for oggdemux

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Sun Jul 11 09:22:09 CEST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, David Voit wrote:

> You can typefind it, but this semse to me a ugly way. This header
> belongs in a ogm plugin as it is only used there. The typefinding works
> fine for vorbis, speex and theora because these media types take the
> header with them. With other types this don't work in generall as these
> save the type in the container.

The idea is to typefind the stream as an ogm stream. The typefind function
would return a custom mimetype, like application/x-ogm. Oggdemux would
then spit out the whole stream, including the header pages.
After that you put an ogm-specific decoding element (let's name it
ogmdec) that takes that stream and transforms it into a proper video (or
audio) stream. So the ogm-specific part of the pipeline would look like
this:
... => oggdemux => ogmdec => videodecoder => ...

Benjamin