[gst-devel] libxml registry loader

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Jul 29 09:00:04 CEST 2004

Since Johan buggered me about gst_init being slow and profiling showing it's
because we use GMarkup when loading registries, I rewrote the registry loading
to use libxml instead.
The time for gst_init() dropped from 550ms to 230ms on my machine after I did that.

However, some guys told me that depending on libxml is not an option, because we
must be able to work without.
So I'm posting that patch here for anyone to try out how much faster it is and
leave it up for you to decide if it should be included.

Benjamin