[gst-devel] Re: Win 32 build of 0.8.3

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Jun 7 06:14:00 CEST 2004

Marc VanDaele a écrit :

> Hello Steve,

Hello Marc,

> Can you give me some guidance on how to get the core software built using
> MSVC?
> (I'm running Windows2000, have .Net installed and know close to nothing
> about Linux)
>
> I have the following code-tree
> 	$(PROJECT_DIR)/{libiconv,libintl, libxml2, popt} from
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/
> 	$(PROJECT_DIR)/ in which I unzipped the 0.8.3 gstreamer.tar.gz
> 	$(PROJECT_DIR)/gstreamer-0.8.3/Win32 which I retrieved from
>
> http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gstreamer/gstreamer/win32/
> 	unzipped glib-2.4.2.tar.gz into $(PROJECT_DIR)
>
> Then I tried to build glib-2.4.2 in cygwin by running

You don't need cygwin to build it under Windows. So just forget that part ;)

> Learning how to build glib is not high on my agenda :-)
> so is it possible for you to send me your
> 	$(PROJECT_DIR)\glib

Sure !
I will make a package with all my source tree tonight.

> Can you also explain the need for bison, flex and make a bit more?
> I don't see a custom build step in eg libgstreamer/properties so I don't
> understand yet where they come into play.

These are used in pre-build steps. They generate some source files on
the fly.

> Can you also explain which build steps ("-auto makefile") will generate
> which files?

You should have a look at the pre-build steps in the libgstreamer
properties of the project.

bye