[gst-devel] (no subject)

Amadeus W. Mozart amadeus84 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 11 07:21:01 CEST 2004

Sorry if this gets posted twice, I tried to ask it via gmane, but
for some reason it didn't show up, so I'll ask the question again.

I have some medical clips and I have to do some image segmentation
and other processing on each individual frame. Usually the clips
are in quicktime format, and the frames within are jpeg.
So I need to read the clip from the disk, access each of its frames,
do my processing and then display the frames. My processing may not
be real time, but that's not a major concern for now. I can just
dump the output to a file, and display it afterwards.

I'm new to gstreamer, and after reading what it can do and trying
out some of the examples, I liked the idea, but I don't know very
well how to go about it. In particular, how do I "steal" (or access)
the individual frames from the clip?

The only video pipeline that I was able to get working so far was

gst-launch videotestsrc ! sdlvideosink

Is what I want to do possible with gstreamer? Could someone please
help? Thanks!