[gst-devel] Re: sdlvideosink problem

Stoyan Karanfilov f_karanfiloff at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 08:15:08 CEST 2004

Hi,
I wrote to Julien MOUTTE, but unfortunately he was too
busy to help me. Here is my problem:
I am using Sdl window to visualise the video output of
a gstreamer program, that I am writting. I am using
sdlvideosink. But I can not close the program at all.
I have to kill it. Is it a bug in the lib or I have to
assign event to the close button of the sdl screen. If
I have to assign an events how should I do it. I have
some basic knowledge in sdl, but I am still confused.
can I use functions like this:

SDL_Surface *screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(w, h, 32,
SDL_HWSURFACE|SDL_HWPALETTE|SDL_DOUBLEBUF);

If I can use this I can easy assign some events like
fullscreen or close. Is my sdlvideosink
SDL_Surface *screen? This is all I need to know - how
can I manupulate sdlvideosink.
I am using:

sink = gst_element_factory_make ("sdlvideosink"....

I would appreciate some example on this.
Thank you in advance!

Best regards: Stoyan.