[gst-devel] volume plugin usage...

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jun 14 07:49:13 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Please help me, this is my 3-rd time I am writting to
> > yuo and still no answear.

Pay me and I'll be as responsive as any other employee. ;). [/rant]

> As for your other questions, I wish I could help you, but I don't know
> sdlvideosink.  I'd appreciate it a lot however if you would take some
> time to look over it and tell us what we're doing wrong, because I'd
> like it to be as good as the others.  Maybe you should read the
> ximagesink code and ask us which parts you don't understand ? That way
> we can help you on your way to fixing sdlvideosink...

Right, so I wanted to delay replying until I have some time to write a
proper reply, but apparently we're hasty. Using SDL objects is not the
right way to control a GStreamer object. One of the goals is to hide those
and make it work automatically. Else, the whole object and unification
model is of no use, my application will still require backend knowledge,
whihc is what we don't want. That's why we have interfaces and
autopluggers in the first place.

I didn't implement fullscreen in sdlvideosink because I never needed it. I
can work on that, but it won't be finished before June 17th. ;). As for
window embedding, that works using the XOverlay interface.

Ronald