[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] thomasvs gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ gst-plugins/ext/lame/ gst-plugins/ext/mad/

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jun 14 15:46:09 CEST 2004

Hi,

[remove cvs from CC]

You're using Fraunhofer's marketing methods as a starting point, I used
technical compliance and compatibility as a starting point when coming up
with those properties.

If you really feel like this is important, I'll dig up some MPEG-2 AAC
samples and see how different or similar they are to MPEG-4 AAC and
MPEG-2.5 layer 3 and see in how far we should distinguish between layer,
version, aac-or-not and so on.

If you then feel that our current method is wrong, then go ahead and
propose something else. If you simply wish it to work in a reasonable way
(which is my only goal), then let's just stop here. We should not waste
time since we both have many better things to do.

Ronald