[gst-devel] elegancy (was: RE: win32 build works fine)

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jun 18 05:55:24 CEST 2004

Quoting Marc VanDaele <Marc_VanDaele at Jabil.com>:

> Thanks for the clarifications.
> I'm not that impressed with this 'cute little macro trick' because IMO, it
> adds more confusion than elegancy.  Just my  opionion of course.

I think you might be the only one complaining about it. The debugging subsystem
is the part of code that the most people have congratulated me for, so I've
become quite proud of it.

Anyway, what I am talking when I talk about elegancy is elegancy for the user.
All the code I write is targetted at the user first. In the case of the
GStreamer library, the user is a developer using the library to write an
application or a plugin.