[gst-devel] playing ogg problem

laurent belmonte laurent.belmonte at aliacom.fr
Wed Jun 23 05:33:02 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 14:12 +0200, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> oggdemux uses SOMETIMES pads. You can't just connect oggdemux to
> vorbisdec, but have to wait until the new_pad signal of oggdemux is
> emitted and in a callback connect that pad to vorbisdec.

1) but how can i know that this element use SOMETIMES pads, this other
element  don't use pads and this last one has ten pads ?!

2) when this signal occur ? can i dynamic link element while the
pipeline is playing ?

> If you had done error checking in your code, you might have figured that
> out yourself, because gst_element_link_many would have failed.

error checking :
if( gst_element_link_many(.....) == FALSE) {
  g_error("error when linking many elements, but how i know where the error come from ??");
} else {
g_debug(" marvellous, it is working. how ? i don't know but it's work !");
}

Thanks,
LaurentB