[gst-devel] Seek howto ?

Giuliano Pochini pochini at shiny.it
Sat Jun 26 07:51:02 CEST 2004

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:31:36 +0200
"Ronald S. Bultje" <R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl> wrote:

> > Nope, it doesn't seek when I use the spider. When I use mad, it doesn't seek
> > if I specify GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH. Furthermore, it seeks only if the stream
> > has been started AND gst_bin_iterate() has been called at least once.
>
> Obviously; spider has no pipeline before you've found the stream type
> and autoplugged it completely.

Yes, of course, but I though changing the state to PLAY were enough. Summary:

0.8.2:

wav: it doesn't seek (unhandled event 4 - version 0.8.1, and with 0.8.2 they
don't play at all)

flac: it stays mute until they reach the point it seeked to (returns TRUE).

mp3: same as flac

ogg: it doesn't seek (always return FALSE - no messages).

> However, gst-player uses this method, and
> seeking works perfectly in pretty much any file I throw at it. So in
> general, after having iterated several times, it should work.

Yes, two iterations are enough.

--
Giuliano.