[gst-devel] Red Hat / Novell / Real announcement

Joshua Ginsberg joshg at brainstorminternet.net
Mon Jun 28 08:56:06 CEST 2004

Hey y'all --

I was a bit shocked and surprised by the joint announcement by Red Hat,
Novell, and Real that Helix will become the default media framework for
the Red Hat and Novell desktop offerings. It seemed to me that the
community (especially the GNOME community) had more or less agreed that
GStreamer was the F/OSS media framework we were all looking for and that
Red Hat and Ximian supported its tight inclusion into the GNOME desktop.

So what happened? I'm just wondering if you guys have some insight I
don't.

Thanks!

-jag

Links: