[gst-devel] DVB Filter

Sebastian Hartte Sebastian at Hartte.de
Tue Jun 29 16:02:09 CEST 2004

Hi folks,
i have a question about gstreamer. I've been into DVB-S on Windows for a
while and was looking into
available software on Linux. I have to admit that there wasn't anything
useful out there (except for VDR
maybe but i want to watch tv like i do on Windows).
So my guess is that there is simply no unified and easy solution for
programmers to access the kernel
DVB interface. I do know how they do that on Windows (DirectShow!) and
since GStreamer is the
closest system libary there is to DirectShow i've been wondering if
there are any plans to write some sort
of DVB input/demux/tuning filter. If i understood GStreamer correctly,
that should be possibly, shouldn't it?

bye,
Sebastian Hartte