[gst-devel] gstreamer-properties

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Mar 8 11:20:11 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 20:05, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > I agree that the gconf key should contain this.  I will change the
> > defaults as well.  Jan, can you change -properties to do this before it
> > gets released ?
>
> ?
>
> Apps have always done it, why do you want to change this one second before
> the 0.8.0 release?

What have apps always done ?
Sinks used to handle a lot of converting themselves, so it used to
work.  With our fixating/nego changes, as well as removing some of that
code from sinks, they don't anymore.  The gconf keys are there to help
the apps; if all apps need to put in audioconvert ! audioscale anyway,
it makes more sense to put them in the keys instead.

Thomas

Oh, baby, give me one more chance