[gst-devel] gstreamer-properties

John Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Mon Mar 8 14:23:02 CET 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 08:59:54AM +1100, Jan Schmidt wrote:
> Good point. I'm leaving it out of gstreamer-properties on the basis that
> it's easier for an app to add those elements if it needs them, than to
> remove them if it doesn't.

gstreamer-properties doesn't have to add audioconvert ! audioscale
to the GConf key, but it should then at least add audioconvert ! audioscale
(or spider ) to the test audio pipeline after sinesrc (as in my
suggested patch, but replace with audioconvert ! audioscale), so that the
test actually works for esdsink.  It violates all sorts of user expectations
for the test button to not actually give a good idea of whether esdsink
works or not.

John Thacker