[gst-devel] ALSA mixing
Ronald S. Bultje
R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Fri Mar 12 21:06:20 CET 2004
I just fixed alsa-mixer in gnome-volume-control (yay!) and similar apps
* is it normal that it shows so little tracks (I'm missing PCM or other
master volume tracks)?
* why are the names so long (= ugly, e.g. "External Amplifier Power
Down", "Mono Output Select")? It makes the window large...
* why are there some tracks where I can't move the volume up?
* some of the icons (images above tracks) in gnome-volume-control are
all wrong (e.g. "Headphone" has a phone icon). Most tracks have no icon
at all. Anyone wanna fix that? Or are we too late in the code freeze?
* any reason why alsasrc/alsasink are a GstAlsa instead of a
GstAlsaMixer? In OSS, this is different. Consequence is that for OSS,
gst-rec can change volume, but for ALSA, it can't.
More information about the gstreamer-devel