[gst-devel] Java Binding Plea for Help

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Mar 15 08:42:26 CET 2004

The best thing to do in such situations is to export GST_DEBUG=GST_PLUGIN*:5,
this should give some info about where and why it fails.
Reasons might be symbol lookup failures in the plugins (keep in mind that
plugins aren't linked against libgstreamer, so you must ensure they find those
symbols), duplicated registries or leftover plugins.

Benjamin

Quoting Andrew Taylor <andy at benow.ca>:

> Ok, I'm breaking down and formally asking for help for this one.
>
> The gstreamer-java bindings are this close -><- to working.  They
> compile and present gstreamer pipeline creation to java, have ant build
> and javadoc and would be a great backend for java multimedia, if they
> worked.  I'm running into a problem where it would seem the java JNI
> wrapping stomps on the the environment.  I've written a test program
> which works fine natively, but dies when running within JNI.  It does
> not use the gst-java binding directly, but results in the same error
> that I'm seeing when using the gst-java bindings, so squash this and the
> bindings will be that much closer.  Here's a description of the problem,
> starting first with the symptom:
>
> -- run output --
>
> $ bin/testPiper -f ../test.mp3
> running: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:src/c java -cp
> build:lib/log4j-1.2.4.jar:lib/benow-util.jar:.:/opt/sun-jdk-
1.4.2.03/jre/lib:/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.03/lib/tools.jar:/opt/sun-jdk-
1.4.2.03/jre/lib/rt.jar