[gst-devel] X dependencies

Julien MOUTTE jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Thu Mar 18 06:40:41 CET 2004

The issue with XOverlay comes from the fact that we moved the
have_video_size signal into it renaming it to desired_size_changed
because Benjamin wanted that...

It's not really X specific to signal the video geometry and i agree with
thomasvs that it should go somewhere else.

Putting it in the videosink high level class was wrong to benjamin as
some elements might implement XOverlay without being a video sink
child..

I suggest splitting that feature in another interface implemented by
videosinks or other elements needing to report video geometry.

Julien MOUTTE - jmoutte at electronic-group.com
C.T.O.

ELECTRONIC GROUP INTERACTIVE - www.electronic-group.com
World Trade Center, Moll de BARCELONA
Edificio Norte 4 Planta
08039 BARCELONA SPAIN
Tel : +34 93600 23 23 Fax : +34 93600 23 10