[gst-devel] Clocking fix

Martin Soto soto at informatik.uni-kl.de
Tue Mar 23 02:24:05 CET 2004

Hi!

I would like to commit the attached patch, which adds two new clock
related operations: gst_clock_get_event_time_delay and
gst_element_set_time_delay. IMO, they are needed to handle
discontinuities properly in output elements having a playback delay.
Among others, audio sinks belong to this category, since they deal with
buffering in the corresponding sound card or audio server.

Although a number of existing elements would have to be addapted to use
these routines, we can apply the patch now and go fixing elements as
time permits.

M. S.
--
Martin Soto <soto at informatik.uni-kl.de>