[gst-devel] MPEG demux restructuring

Martin Soto soto at informatik.uni-kl.de
Tue Mar 23 03:54:02 CET 2004

Hello again!

So, as you can see, I'm trying to make good use of my newly acquired CVS
access. Attached is a (somewhat large) patch containing my already
announced restructuring of the MPEG demultiplexing elements. What it
does:

- Restrict mpegdemux to pure MPEG. DVD specific extensions are not
handled directly, but just written to the private_stream source pads.
Audio pads are exclusively for MPEG audio, so you don't have any special
pads for other audio types.

- Add a new dvddemux element, that actually handles DVD extensions. This
element provides dynamic video, audio and subpicture source pads, that
are created as new substreams are found in the main MPEG stream. The
same audio pads are used for all audio types, and negotiate caps as
necessary when/if audio type changes on the fly.

- Additionally, the dvddemux element has a notion of current video,
audio and subpicture streams, that can be selected trough events (I'll
also add properties for that). current_video, current_audio, and
current_subpicture source pads give access to the current streams,
which, of course, are also available through the standard dynamic pads.

If there are no objections, I'll probably commit this code tomorrow
evening.

Cheers,

M. S.

P. S. The DVD demux uses GST_EVENT_DVD. I'll fix that or deactivate that
code as necessary before commiting.
--
Martin Soto <soto at informatik.uni-kl.de>
Universität Kaiserslautern