[gst-devel] problems compiling 0.8.0 plugins

foser foser at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 24 08:10:18 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 09:18 +0100, Benjamin Collar wrote:

> So Gentoo now has 0.8.0 available, but I'm not able to compile the gst-plugins
> package. It's masked, which basically means unstable, but since 0.6 isn't
> working for me anymore, I have to try to build it anyway.

It is masked which means it is not guaranteed to be working at all. So
in theory i wouldn't call it 'available' to the general public, p.mask
certainly isn't meant that way. I wonder why 0.6 stopped working, there
is no reason whatsoever for that to happen.

You should _not_ be filing these bugs here, first stop on Gentoo ebuild
bugs (especially in p.mask, although those are likely not to work in the
first place) is the Gentoo bugzilla (bugs.gentoo.org). Always. Now drag
yourself over there and do a search (this has already been filed).

Thanks for your cooperation,
foser

// Gentoo GNOME Desktop Team