[gst-devel] multi-channel, try#2

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Tue May 4 17:05:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 13:51, Stefan Kost wrote:
> here is how M$ is doing it
> http://www.ambisonic.net/mulchaud.html

My main complaint is that the channel ordering is fixed. Given that
different plugins have different orderings by default, we'll need
internal conversion in elements and I want to prevent that.

Another - small - disadvantage is that you can't specify a location
twice, this is useful for multi-source streams. Imagine a 4-channel
stream, where each channel is mono/center, but the one comes from the
piano, one from the mic, one from the... Not sure if we ever want to use
this, but it'd be nice to allow it. There's such files out there,
according to the WAVE docs.

Ronald