[gst-devel] Re: DirectShow conversion to Gstreamer

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Tue Nov 2 00:40:19 CET 2004

Hi Christian,
Ok I added a blurb about multiplatform support on the 'features' page on
the website, mentioning both our MacOSX and Windows support by name :).
I hope to be working on the GStreamer website in general this week
updating stuff, so if you guys have any more information, links and or
text you want added in general or to some specific pages let me know and
I add it.

As for Windows Binaries, we have no problems hosting those on the
GStreamer website. But as said be others we are mostly linux people so
some of you who actually run and compile on Windows have to provide
those binaries and maintain them. Let me know who wants to do so and we
make sure they have CVS access so they can add it to the website (the
webpages are automatically updated when the 'www' module is updated.

And there is Windows build instructions in the GStreamer documentation
already.

And as stated by other, let me repeat, we are VERY happy about the
windows port (and the macosX, solaris and all other ports) but the
windows port is only an abstract concept for most of us as we just run
GNU/Linux. So it is not ill will if we do not focus more on the windows
port. Zaheer mentioned the Windows port when he did his talk at GUADEC
and I mentioned the Windows port when I talked about GStreamer at
aKademy; in fact I said it was one of GStreamers strong points in
regards to KDE since GStreamer with this port was available on all the
same platforms that Qt where.

So please provide us with info, screenshots, roadmaps, binaries and so
on we are more than willing and happy to host them. But please do not
expect us to switch away from using Linux due to it :)

Christian