[gst-devel] PS: DirectShow conversion to Gstreamer

Arioch /BDV/ the_Arioch at nm.ru
Tue Nov 2 08:39:38 CET 2004

The stars so gaily glistened... (Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:42:05 -0500 @612)
...while the fading voice of Larry whispered through the darkness:

 LB> I'm a little confused.

Hmm, me too.
I read You msg in Matroska's forum, so i did not recognised You as person
started the thread in GStreamer forum as well.
It was not intentionally.

Ok, i think before converting Win/dx app to Unix/Gst one has to convert app
to Win/Gst before.

So, keep an eye on
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.gstreamer.devel/11975 - maybe once
You will see there Win32 app.

Anyway, Matroska site is not about GStreamer.
If everything will go ok, then we would see Win32 download and FAQ on main
GStreamer site. Somewhen.
Then someone, Unix-guy, will port Unix app to Win32.
Then someone else, Windows-guy, will get curios and get familiar with
GStreamer on Win32.
Then some of latter Windows guys might want to port their apps from Win/GSt
to Unix - and that will be the 1st experience.
No one knows how soon would it be.

--
ICQ - xmpp://arioch@jabber.ru  xmpp://93438391@icq.jabber.ru
http://Arioch.nm.ru/FL/Fidolook_SL.png    Mail: the_Arioch)at(nm)dot(ru