[gst-devel] gstqueue fix

Martin Soto soto at informatik.uni-kl.de
Mon Nov 8 12:56:08 CET 2004

Hi everyone!

I'm attaching a patch to gstqueue.c, that I'd appreciate you people to
review. I've been testing it here during the last few days, and it works
well, but since queues are so critical, some review before commiting
would be valuable.

Right now, if the element writing to a queue tries to set the queue's
sink pad to some new capabilities, and the queue has some material
inside, the negotiation simply fails. The patch makes the queue's
pad_link operation wait until the queue is empty, and them performs the
negotiation. It only works downstream, but it is a beginning.

I need this patch for my DVD player. While playing DVDs it is often
necessary to renegotiate capabilities either for video (i.e. video
changes aspect rate when moving from menu to film) or audio (sound
changes type or properties while switching sound tracks).

Thanks for your help,

M. S.