[gst-devel] gst-python and GstXOverlay

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Tue Nov 9 06:09:04 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 13:48 +0100, Martin Soto wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> thanks a lot for the quick answer.
>
> On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 12:42, Johan Dahlin wrote:
> > Btw, are you planning to release your dvd player?

> A couple of weeks ago, I got a new, much faster computer with a normal
> TV-out, and am now working on converting everything to work in "pure
> software" as well as cleaning up the code. During the last week, I've
> been commiting some of my local patches to GStreamer. The biggest one is
> the new "Fair" scheduler, that is necessary to make things run smoothly.
> With it, I'm achieving under 30% load in my Athlon 64, vs. 70 to 100%
> with other schedulers, provided a lot of tweaking of the queue timeouts.
> By the way, I'd appreciate people to give it a try if they can. With
> current CVS, selecting "fairgthread" as scheduler should do the trick.

That sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

> Additionally, the patch to gstqueue that I sent yesterday to the list is
> necessary, as well. Also a couple of fixes to
> mpegparse/mpegdemux/dvddemux will probably have to go in, but I'm
> waiting for Ronald to provide me with some info about what he's trying
> to do with said elements.

I think (Ronald can correct me) that in the longer term we're looking at
getting rid of the current_* pads and handling it using replugging
instead, but not immediately.

> So provided, I can get all those patches in soon enough, and also
> provided I can figure out how to do decent video display on a window
> (I'd like at least a fullscreen mode with decent aspect ratio handling)
> a player will be available in a few days time.

aspect ratio stuff should be easier now that the pixel-aspect-ratio is
in the caps provided to the x[v]imagesink.

I'm looking forward to seeing it,

J.