[gst-devel] XOverlay issue

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Nov 9 08:59:03 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 16:44, Zeeshan Ali wrote:
> void gst_generic_overlay_set_buffer (GstGenericOverlay *overlay,
> GstBuffer *buffer);

This is a very bad idea. If caca allows writing into a buffer that we
can embed into X, then cacasink should have a source pad which we can
connect to ximagesink. Using an interface for this is, well, just not a
good idea.

> 2. We can have caca/aa filter elements along side the existing sink
> elements. This way the app. can use any sink (embeddable or not) to
> display the rendered output from these libs.

If you think this is possible, possibly with as much code sharing as
possible, I'd prefer this solution.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>