[gst-devel] a question about gst-player

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Nov 15 02:37:09 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 17:45 +0900, lin xiaosen wrote:
> Hi, everybody.
>
> Thank you for reading my letter.I have some problems about
> gstreamer-player and I hope somebody would help me. Thanks!
>
> I am using fedora core 2. After I installed gstreamer-0.8.1-1.i386.rpm
> and gstreamer-player-0.8.0-1.1.fc2.dag.i386.rpm, I started the
> gst-player, but the program show a message "Could not link video
> output thread(cs and balance)". How can I solve this problem?

Use our repository, it is better maintained, has more frequent updates,
and solves among other issues this issue.

> Another question. I downloaded the source code of  gstreamer-0.8.7,
> compiled and installed it. Then I tried to compiled
> gstreamer-plugins-0.8.5, i typed "./configure", and it complained that
> gstreamer version should be larege than 0.8.4. How can I do then?

Try to not mix and match source installs and packages.  If you don't
have a good reason to install from source, use packages.

If you do want to compile from source, you should learn some basics
about compiling from source.  In this case, the output of configure
probably told you that it was pkg-config that couldn't find a new enough
GStreamer.

In this case that's probably because you installed GStreamer
in /usr/local, and pkg-config doesn't check there by default.
Setting the env var PKGCONFIGPATH to /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig would help
in that case.

Thomas

I hit him around a lot.
For Spike, that's like third base ...