[gst-devel] Newbe Gstreamer for Win32

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Nov 19 00:50:08 CET 2004

Hi Larry,

Larry Berlinski a écrit :
> I finally got gstreamer-0.8.7 compiled on a W2K machine (using MSVS .NET 2003), but when attempting to run the samples in the doc, I ran into some problems. I hope someone can help me out.

Great, did you have to modify anything ? I could add the patches to CVS
(as soon as my main PC is back and ready to work).

> A trival application was developed based on the sample code on pages 25, 27, and 28 of the gstreamer manual (see the code below). I compiled it (using cygwin) and ran the program. I got the following output.

Before trying your own code you should try using gst-launch to see what
plugins seem to work. You can try to transcode audio from/to MP3 for
example, or remux an AVI file.

Maybe the docs are not up to date ?