[gst-devel] Transcoding with gstreamer

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Thu Nov 25 03:05:09 CET 2004

Has anyone had any luck encoding video in any of the various standard formats
with gstreamer? I can't seem to find an mpeg muxer, for example. Is this kind
of thing expected to work?

And does anyone know why frequently when experimenting with a pipeline I
frequently just get:

$ gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=Neverending\ Story.xm ! mikmod ! tee !
osssink { queue ! goom ! spider ! xvimagesink }
RUNNING pipeline ...
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to play.
Segmentation fault

This is using the Debian packages off Alioth (which seem to be missing
gst-editor-0.8, BTW). AFAICT, the pipeline *looks* all right. If I take the
queue out, it runs, but the documentation tells me that all threads must have
a queue in them...

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "You cannot truly appreciate _Atlas Shrugged_
+- www.cowlark.com --+