[gst-devel] amaroK 1.2-beta1 Released

Max Howell max.howell at methylblue.com
Sun Nov 28 14:47:01 CET 2004

The amaroK team announces version 1.2-beta1 of the amaroK audio player!

Are you excited yet? We hope so! This release brings you among other things:

1. Happiness!
2. Job-satisfaction!
3. Better sex! (or -- if more applicable -- sex!)

(And the following new features):

 * Full Audioscrobbler support
 * Vorbis stream metadata support
 * Cover fetching for specific Amazon locales
 * Fabulous new eye-candy!
 * Compile-time MySQL database support
 * Configurable OSD text
 * 10-band IIR equalizer for the GStreamer and xine engines
 * Rewritten and vastly improved NMM-engine
 * Automatic lyrics display
 * Tweaks, fixes and other improvements!

Please download, enjoy and direct any feedback at our IRC channel or
mailing-list (details below), we promise to use all suggestions when deciding
on the development for 1.2-beta2. Thanks :-)

The amaroK team

amaroK is a soundsystem-independent audio-player for *nix. Its interface uses
a powerful "browser" metaphor that allows you to create playlists that make
the most of your music collection. We have a fast development-cycle and
super-happy users. We also provide pensions and other employment-benefits.

"Easily the best media-player for Linux at the moment. Install it now!"
    - Linux Format Magazine

WWW:  http://amarok.kde.org
IRC:  irc.freenode.net #amarok
MAIL: amarok-devel at lists.sourceforge.net