[gst-devel] 0.9 proposals

Wim Taymans wim at fluendo.com
Mon Nov 29 03:28:04 CET 2004

Hi everybody,

I've commited the first drafts with plans to tackle some of the current
gstreamer problems. They can be found in docs/random/wtay/ and are
called threading, performance and negotiation3.
I encourage at least all core hackers to take a look at it, get some
discussion going and finally come to a conclusion and a "who does what,
when" plan. I hope to see the following happen:

first month:
 - write out specs for implementing push/pull return values.
 - patch core and plugins.
 - agree on new negotiation, out of the state changes. Write specs.
 - agree on new thread safe state changes/scheduling model. Write
   specs. patch core plugins.
 - write specs for GstBus. implement. patch plugins.
 - write testcases for all this.
second month.
 - patch more plugins. with negotiation.
 - write specs and implement seeking in plugins.
 - write specs and implement clocking.
 - bugfix. try to port apps.
third month.
 - stabelize, bugfix. release new core and plugins. docs fixes, etc...

Regards,
Wim

--
Wim Taymans <wim at fluendo.com>